Wedding flower consultations with a professional Wedding Flower Stylist will save you time and money on your wedding flowers, even from the first meeting.
First step to saving time and money on your wedding flowers is to be prepared for the wedding flower consultation.
The Wedding Flower Stylist will ask you for information about your wedding before the meeting by asking you to complete pre-consultation form. Getting the completed form back to your Wedding Flower Stylist ensures you get the most out of the session. The more detail the better as this will create a visual of you as a couple, and help with how flowers will reflect your personality and the style you are wanting to achieve.
Some details you need to give your Wedding Flower Stylist before meeting up:
- Date, time of wedding because some flowers are only available in some seasons. For example, Lily of the Valley is available only for a few weeks, from mid October to mid November.
- Style of wedding gown, including colour, adornments, and fabric and veil. On viewing the bride’s gown, the Wedding Flower Stylist can prepare a selection of flowers and foliages for the consult, which will compliment your look.
- Style of brides maids, including colour and fabric.
- Choosing to wear hair up or down will also influence the style of bouquet you and your bride’s maids will carry
- Groom and groomsmen suits, colour of tie, handkerchief. Depending on the cloth colour and texture the Wedding Flower Stylist can, for example, recommend a classic buttonhole with a rose, or something less formal like native flowers with twine finish.
- Flower girls, page boys and ring bearers. Knowing who will be in the bridal party and what they will be wearing all helps to when helping you decide on flowers, colours and texture choices.
- Size of bridal party
- Fathers and Mothers of bride and groom
- Theme of wedding. What type of mood best reflects you as a couple – formal, garden romantic, rustic chic, relaxed boho, glamorous,
- Colour palette – for example, white, cream and green or subtle muted earth colours.
- Venue – knowing the colour scheme will make sure the flowers fit the venue.
Also, before the consult give your Wedding Flower Stylist,
- pictures of bride, brides maids, flower girls and groom in their outfits.
- top 5 pinterest images
Bring with you to the consult
- fabric swatches of gowns
- Vases you want to use
Discussing the budget openly with the Wedding Flower Stylist helps with what can be realistically achieved and how to go about bringing your dream to life. There are lots of ways to save time and money on your wedding flowers project and budget that your stylist can suggest. The average cost for wedding flowers and decorations, is $2896 (source – Australian Securities and Investment Commission 2012) Some of money saving ideas are in our previous blog post, which is available to read by clicking on the link below.
Flowers at your wedding is really the beautiful decorative finishing touch – they complete the look and reflect your personality of who you are as a couple. A Wedding Flower Stylist professional understands it’s about making your dreams come true. Making that happen within your budget and time frame all starts with the consultation. Get in touch with Camberwell Florist to discuss how we can help bring your dreams to life. We know how to save you time and money. To book a free 30 minute wedding flower consultation phone 9813 1916 on Tuesday or email now on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inspiration check out Instagram instagram.com/camberwellmflorist/